12 December 2009
Version 4.3.10 of eric4 released.
29 November 2009
snapshot-20091129 of eric4 released. It is a bug fix release and is meant to be the first release candidate
of eric 4.4.
09 November 2009
Version 4.3.9 of eric4 released.
25 October 2009
snapshot-20091025 of eric4 released. It fixes some bugs and includes these changes.
- added support for PySide
- updated Pygments to version 1.1
- added code to save passwords in encoded form in the settings file
- added configuration options to always break on exceptions and to suppress the client exit dialog for a clean exit
- fixed forgotten disabling of favicons for private browsing mode
- improved the eric4 web browser with respect to privacy
- added a password manager to save and restore passwords used to login to web services via the authentication dialog or login forms
- added AdBlock support to the web browser
11 October 2009
Updated versions of these plugins released.
- Eric4 Assistant
These are maintenance releases that fix some issues and add Russian translations.
10 October 2009
Version 4.3.8 of eric4 released.
13 September 2009
snapshot-20090913 of eric4 released. It fixes some bugs and includes these changes.
- added a little icon editor tool
- added an option to the find file dialog to open the first hit automatically
- added option to toggle breakpoints from off to permannet to temporary to off (patch provided by Michele Petrazzo)
- removed Qt3 support from eric4
- updated the QColorDialog wizard for Qt 4.5
- made some font attributes configurable for Terminal and Shell
- added menu entries to copy the file or directory name to the clipboard to the various browsers
- added a little context menu to the find files dialog
- updated coverage.py to version 3.0.1
05 September 2009
Version 184.108.40.206 of eric4 released. This fixes a serious bug introduced in 4.3.7.
05 September 2009
Version 4.3.7 of eric4 released.
21 August 2009
snapshot-20090821 of eric4 released. It fixes some bugs and includes these changes.
- added capability to send a bug email, if an error log file is detected upon startup of eric4
- added capability to use the system email client for sending reports
- added an improved history system to the eric web browser
- added a few actions to the eric web browser
- added keywords to the eric web browser search engines
- added a separate configuration page for the eric web browser
- added a nice start page to the eric web browser
- added an embedded search dialog to the eric web browser
- removed all separate search and search/replace dialogs
- added the "selection only" option to the embedded search and replace dialogs
01 August 2009
Version 4.3.6 of eric4 released.
26 July 2009
snapshot-20090726 of eric4 released. It fixes some bugs and includes these changes.
- added the SQL Browser tool to inspect databases
- added an improved bookmark system to the help viewer
- added some additional actions to improve the help viewer
05 July 2009
Version 4.3.5 of eric4 released.
27 June 2009
snapshot-20090627 of eric4 released. It fixes some bugs and includes these changes.
- added support for opensearch search engines to the help viewer
- added a few zoom related actions to the help viewer
- added config option for printing backgrounds to the help viewer
31 May 2009
Version 4.3.4 of eric4 released.
23 May 2009
snapshot-20090523 of eric4 released. It fixes some bugs and includes these changes.
- added option to suppress debuggee's stdout and stderr output for the shell window
- added option to sort the file contents by occurrence in file browsers
- added option to not show the log-viewer automatically upon new output
- added option to enable web plugins for the help viewer
- added private browsing to the help viewer
- added navigation menus to the back and forward buttons of the help viewer
- added option to have a close button on each tab
- added option to request download filename from user
- added a web search entry to the help viewer
- added a full screen mode to the help viewer
- added an action to the help viewer to clear private data
- added support for the new QScintilla lexer properties
- added a network monitor dialog to the help viewer
- added a disk cache to the help viewer
- added an action to show the page source in an editor to the help viewer
- added a dialog to configure the accepted languages for web pages to the help viewer
- added cookie handling to the help viewer
- changed to latest coverage.py (v3.0b3)
03 May 2009
Version 4.3.3 of eric4 released.
19 April 2009
New version of the CVS plugin released. This is just a maintenance release to adjust to the latest eric4 API changes.
19 April 2009
snapshot-20090419 of eric4 released. It fixes some bugs and includes these changes.
- added a thread list viewer to the debug viewer
- added support for forking to the Python debuggers
- added code for handling infinite recursions to the Python debuggers
- removed the Python cycles finder because that is not needed anymore
- added code to make it compatible with PyQt 4.5.0 or newer
- added capability to open the help window with a search word
- added configuration option to disable spell checking
- added Python 3 compatibility code to the Pythe re wizard
- changed the find in files dialog to show the current file
- added some improvements to the find/replace in files dialog
- added a navigation menu to the tabview viewmanager
- added code to check, if a project needs to be reread after an update from the repository
(e.g. if files have been added or deleted)
- added an auto update feature to the VCS status monitor (needs to be activated via the configuration dialog)
- added Italian translations contributed by Gianluca
02 April 2009
Version 4.3.2 of eric4 released.
30 March 2009
snapshot-20090330 of eric4 released. It is the first snapshot of the 4.4 line of development. It fixes some bugs
and includes these changes.
- added a Python3 compatible debugger and a respective project type
- added a "wrap around" option to the embedded search and replace dialogs
- changed code so that shell follows the selected stack frame of the local variables viewer
- added an option to start the debugger in a console window to the various start dialogs
- made shell to be used by the terminal configurable for non-win systems
- added support for QtHelp files generation to eric4-doc and the IDE
- added support for "qthelp" URLs to the eric4 help viewer
- added widgets to show a table of contents, a search window and an index
of the eric4 QtHelp database and added functions to manage this database
- added the --debug and --config=configDir commandline options
- changed to latest coverage.py (v3.0b1)
- added option to configure the comment position (column 0 or first non-whitespace)
21 March 2009
New stable releases of these plugins.
07 March 2009
Version 4.3.1 of eric4 released.
02 March 2009
Uploaded an update of the LogParser tutorial contributed by Jaime Seuma.
25 February 2009
New release of the Rope refactoring available. It is an update to rope 0.9.2.
15 February 2009
snapshot-20090215 of the Pylons plugin released. It includes these new functions.
- added support for internationalizing Pylons applications (needs eric 4.3.0 or better)
- added support for the Sphinx documentation system
15 February 2009
snapshot-20090215 of the Django plugin released. It includes these new functions.
- added support for internationalizing Django applications (needs eric 4.3.0 or better)
08 February 2009
Version 4.3.0 of eric4 released.
01 February 2009
snapshot-20090201 of eric4 released. It is just a bug fix release and will be the last release before the final 4.3.0.
Please give it a try and report back.
25 January 2009
snapshot-20090124 of the Pylons plugin released. It includes these new functions.
- added Spanish translations
- added Pylons specific lexer associations (works only with eric 4.3.0 or better)
- added a Pylons menu with these entries
- Create Site
- Create Controller
- Create REST Controller
- Run Server
- Run Server with Logging
- Run Web-Browser
- Start Python Console
- Setup Development Environment
- Setup Application
- Build Egg
- About Pylons
18 January 2009
New version of the Djamgo plugin released. It adds support for project type specific lexer (highlighter) associations.
Please note, that this feature is only available if used with eric 4.3.0 or newer.
18 January 2009
snapshot-20090118 of eric4 released. It fixes some bugs and includes these changes.
- added the capability to associate an alternative (Pygments) lexer with a filename pattern
- added the capability to have project specific lexer associations
- added the capability to have project type specific lexer associations
- added a auto-collapsing feature to the sidebars
Note: This release can be considered the second release candidate of the upcoming 4.3.0 release.
11 January 2009
snapshot-20090111 of eric4 released. It fixes some bugs and includes these changes.
- changed PyCoverage to use coverage.py v2.85
- added a "dedent def" to the Python typing completer
Note: This release can be considered the first release candidate of the upcoming 4.3.0 release.
09 January 2009
First snapshot of the Pylons plugin released. It adds the Pylons project type, API files for Pylons and various template codes.
08 January 2009
New versions of these plugins released.
- Eric4 Assistant
They include support for icons in autocompletion lists. Please note, that these are only visible from eric 4.3.0 onwards.
07 January 2009
Version 4.2.5 of eric4 released.