03 December 2016
eric 16.12 has been released. It fixes a few bugs and introduces these
- bug fixes
- Mercurial Interface
- added context menu actions to the tags/branches list dialog
- added bookmark actions to the Log Browser tools menu
- added context menu actions to the bookmark list dialog
- added possibility to enter a commit author and commit date/time
- added capability to enforce a tagging operation
- Third Party packages
19 November 2016
eric 16.11.1 has been released. This is a maintenance release fixing
a compatibility issue with PyQt 5.7 on Windows platforms.
12 November 2016
eric 16.11 has been released. This is the first release of the new eric
development cycle and will introduce a new release scheme based on year and
month of release optionally followed by a maintenance release number. By
this change we want to get new features out much quicker than once a year.
The most prominent new features of this release are these.
- added a status bar icon to show the online status to the main
- added an action to clear the private data of the IDE
- added capaibility to ignore warnings by code (use
__IGNORE_WARNING_<code>__, e.g. __IGNORE_WARNING_M613__)
- added a debugger interface registry to allow debuggers being
implemented as plug-ins
- Python Debuggers:
- changed the protocol to a JSONRPC style protocol to be more
- massive speed gain of the debug client (Tobias Rzepka)
- unified the debugger clients for Python 2 and 3 (Tobias
- unified the standard and threaded debugger clients (Tobias
- added debug support for QThread threads (Tobias Rzepka)
- Ruby Debugger:
- removed the Ruby debugger (the interface doesn't work with recent
Ruby versions anymore)
- Call Trace Viewer
- added capability to stop recording upon exit of the client
- Variables Viewer
- added capability to refresh the view via the context menu
- Hex Editor
- added a nice little hex editor tool (usable as a standalone tool
- Icon Editor
- added capability to close all other icon editor windows
- added a dialog to quickly search for files in the list of project
files (thanks to Mike C. Fletcher for contributing the majority of
- added an option to rescan the project for tasks upon open
- Project Browser
- added capability to search the file tree via the keyboard
(directories and files only)
- Tray Starter
- added an entry to show the version information
- Version Control System Interfaces
- added support for pulling and pushing the current bookmark
- added support for the strip extension
- added support for the histedit extension
- added support for the strip and fetch extensions to the log
- added an action to the administration menu to clean out the
- Web Browser (QtWebKit based)
- added capability to remember the zoom values for each site (incl. a
dialog to manage these)
- added a status bar icon to show the online status
- Web Browser (QtWebEngine based)
- ported the web browser to QtWebEngine as of Qt 5.6.0 because starting
with this version QtWebKit is no longer (officially) supported
- Third Party packages
- updated Pygments to 2.1.3
- updated pep8 to 2.1.0dev0 and renamed it to pycodestyle
- updated coverage.py to 4.1.0
- updated pyflakes to 1.2.3+
06 November 2016
eric 6.1.11 has been released.
Please note that this will be the last release of the 6.1.x product line.
Starting with the first stable release of the new product line the version
scheme will change to a Year.Month based scheme. This will enable me to
provide new functionality quicker than once a year.
08 October 2016
eric 6.1.10 has been released.
04 September 2016
eric 6.1.9 has been released.
30 July 2016
eric 6.1.8 has been released. This is a bug fix release and
improves compatibility with PyQt5 5.7.0 and above.
03 July 2016
eric 6.1.7 has been released.
05 June 2016
eric 6.1.6 has been released.
08 May 2016
eric 6.1.5 has been released.
09 April 2016
eric 6.1.4 has been released.
06 March 2016
eric 6.1.3 has been released.
07 February 2016
eric 6.1.2 has been released.
01 January 2016
eric 6.1.1 has been released.
01 January 2016
The eric team wishes everybody a 'Happy New Year'.