24 January 2023
eric 23.2 has been released. It fixes a few bugs and introduces these
- Human Machine Interfaces
- Changed code to use the default tab bar icon size.
- Debug Client - Python
- Removed the internal copy of the 'coverage' package and made it a
- pip Interface
- Added code to show the full text of security advisories in the package details
- Added a tab to show the defined project URLs to the package details dialog.
- Changed the package details dialog to show just those tabs, that contain some
- Help Viewer
- Added a configuration option to disable the search for new QtHelp documents
- Web Browser
- Updated the included 'jquery.js' and 'jquery-ui.js' needed by the Speeddial page
and adapted this page to the new/changed functions.
03 January 2023
eric 23.1.1 has been released. This fixes a few bugs discovered shortly after
02 January 2023
eric 23.1 has been released. It fixes a few bugs and introduces these
- Class Browsers
- Removed the IDL and Protobuf class browsers to include them in their respective
- Code Formatting
- Added an option to configure the 'known first party' packages to the isort
- Changed the handling of files whose type cannot be determined by the Python
mimetypes module to check against a list of known text file patterns and
ultimately asking the user, if the file in question is a text file (see
`Mimetypes` configuration page.
- Added a configuration option to disable the source navigator (selector boxes
above the editor or code outline right of the editor). This is useful e.g. on
very small screens.
- Added support for multiple cursor paste.
- Find In Files
- Added context menu entries in Replace mode to select/deselect all entries
(e.g. useful for checking big replacement lists for validity).
- Updated the list of known CircuitPython boards.
- Updated the list of known UF2 capable boards.
- Extended the list of default file type associations.
- Added the capability to edit the file type associations from within the
project properties dialog.
- Project Viewer
- Removed the CORBA and Protobuf viewers to make them available as plugins.
- Added a `Collapse all files` entry to the Project Sources viewer.
- Version Control Systems - git
- Changed git interface code to work with `git worktrees`.
- Added a dialog to manage worktrees ( `git worktree` commands).
- Third Party packages
- Upgraded pipdeptree to version 2.3.3.
- Upgraded pip-licenses to version 4.0.2.
- Upgraded pycodestyle to version 2.10.0.
- Upgraded pyflakes to version 3.0.1.
01 January 2023
The eric team wishes everybody a 'Happy New Year'.